[pianotech] Grand piano and dog

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 8 05:29:07 PST 2009

Christina,

First, this is a dog problem, not a piano problem.  She should be
consulting a dog trainer.  Second, dogs decide where to urinate based on
odor.  The old urine odor in the leg and floor are very hard to get rid
of.  Odor-free to human standards will not be good enough.  The trainer,
or a vet, may have some cleaning products that will work.  Third, some
have suggested electric fence products, and that sounds like a good
idea.  There is a plug-in floor mat that shocks the dog's feet; or a
small battery powered  transmitter for the shock collar that covers a
circle that's a little larger than a piano.  This is what we use to keep
Ollie from digging up teh flower beds.
http://www.innotek.net/store/index.php?cPath=16&osCsid=k2mqd7q04fi9ojk1o9m07belo4

Mike Spalding, RPT and guardian of several behaviorly challenged dogs