[pianotech] bushing cloth wear, (was Best Bushing)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Feb 2 16:34:56 PST 2009

> Has anyone ever used Ecsaine (sp) for key bushings?
> David M. Porritt, RPT

Played with it some a couple of years ago. Like Jon said, too
spongy. I ironed half of a strip (with half original for a
control) to see how it reacted. I found I could densify it to
something feeling more like bushing cloth. It kicked around
the shop for over a year, and I'd check it once in a while to
see how it was doing. It recovered some small bit, but stayed
pretty dense where I'd ironed it. I don't know if it's really
dense enough for key bushings in use, or how stable it is, but
my test piece has meanwhile evaporated.

Yea, I know, it didn't help me much either.
Ron N