[pianotech] re design

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Mon Feb 2 15:33:59 PST 2009

Hi Gene! (I always feel so clean when I can address someone that  way!)...

I frankly don't see any reason why you couldn't jigger a capo bar.
Everything else is jiggerable to some degree or another. There are serious  geometries
and bearing tensions to deal with, as well as just the structural  materials
you will use and how you will clamp them in place.

But why? Are there problems with the existing agraffes?

Personally, me, I like agraffes to the top. And would not redesign for a
capo bar. It was Erard's solution to the economics of agraffes, and not a design
for the better necessarily.

Cheers,

Paul

In a message dated 2/2/2009 4:54:09 P.M. Central Standard Time,