[pianotech] The gift that saved me.

tom tomtuner at verizon.net
Mon Feb 2 05:20:35 PST 2009

Subject: Re: [pianotech] The gift that saved me.

Hello All.

I usually only post technical questions, and your responses have always
been extremely helpful and I thank you all.
However I must share my personal experience at a new customer's home
yesterday, and a Christmas gift from my wife that saved my right hand.

<SNIP>
 At that moment,  the 2 German Shepherds who were sniffing at me, (as
the others were barking and growling), circled around me like sharks,
and the one just clamped his teeth ferociously into my right hand and
didn't let go.

Best regards,
Aart

Aart Markenstein

Art,

 You're certainly a lucky guy.

In 30+ years, my only dog issue was a poodle grabbing my hand whilst I was
picking up a case part from the floor. That little event hurt like heck,so I
can only imagine what a big dog can do to a hand.

As for your client , I'm not a litigious Lad by nature, but if anyone
qualifies it's a person who lets multiple dogs of unknown background
approach a stranger (Read : intruder in the dog world)

I'm not advocating legal action here. I've never felt the need myself. But
this owner put your livelihood and physical well being at risk. Hopefully
this is a big wakeup call for them.

 Now if I can get by Suzy the blind Bassett Hound at my favorite piano
teachers' house-----

Tom Driscoll