[pianotech] Yamaha U1

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Aug 30 18:23:16 MDT 2009

I think it has to do with how the keys and/or mortises were cut such they
aren't parallel to the plane on which the key rotates.  That causes a slight
pulling to the right of the key relative to the mortise which wears down the
left side of the mortise more quickly.  If that's the case, you can't do
much about it.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com