[pianotech] PR follow up

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 29 10:20:44 MDT 2009

Not lumping everyone into the same category Ron of asking questions to avoid
answers.  Just one person fits that one.  But, everyone is trying to win and
nobody is conceding.  Typical of disagreements.  I suppose, who cares...

So, who's right?

I was also pointing out without saying so that everyone reads these posts
or, most do anyway.  It is silly to condemn someone else for stating an
opinion on the topic because their opinion isn't necessarily the same as
others. Disagree fine.  Condemn to slam, not fine.  Although, we are all
guilty of that latter one at one time or another.  Human nature prevails
during tumultuous times.

Besides, I finally joined in with my own opinion...

On top of that, I believe strings stretch after being raised a considerable
amount in a PR.  I also believe that the piano has to have a certain amount
of give and take in order for it to take as much tension as is being placed
on the piano during a major pitch raise after not being tuned in say, 20
years or more.  Something is giving to some degree.  What is the question
and how much.

There, you happy now?  :-)

Jer Groot RPT