[pianotech] PR follow up

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Fri Aug 28 22:22:13 MDT 2009

Ron, your blessing is nice thing to have, but quite unnecessary and having
little cachet. I've got a baseline, and you helped, marginally, thanks.

In a message dated 8/28/2009 11:18:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
rnossaman at cox.net writes:

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com wrote:
> Honest response is that the  distinction between an adequate, acceptable,
> and fine tuning based on  a radical pitch alteration is yet to be
> established by you or anyone  else. I have only tried to cast doubt on
> anyone's capability to do  "fine" tuning in one sitting after a radical
> pitch alteration. I  accept adequate, and acceptable. I do it all the
> time. Another  phrase--"fine enough". :-) Without letting the perfect get
> in the way  of the optimum.

As good a tuning as you could have done without the  pitch
raise, as well as you yourself can determine at the time of
the  tuning. I've explained stability concerns, but these exist
in regular  tuning scenarios too.

If that doesn't get it for you as a baseline, I'm  not
interested in playing the diversionary game with you any
longer.  Go forth and ponder the infinite quality of the
perfect tuning at peace.  You have my blessing.
Ron  N