[pianotech] PR follow up

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Fri Aug 28 20:13:28 MDT 2009

Either I am dimwitted, which I accept, or I am truly being unclear, which I also accept, or there is a wholesale confusion on the concept of what?constitutes a "fine" tuning after a?radical pitch alteration.?

?

I think there are probably?too many?wits that are dim, and enough minds that are unclear, for all of us to get confused. :)

But the question still remains, at what point does the piano get "fine tuned"? How long does it have to sit, and how?many passes do you have to go through, before you can define the piano as having been "fine tuned"? Using your criteria, it seems that no one could ever do that on any piano.

Wim

I say, ?"No you didn't. You tuned it adequately". This is?my?only point, the confusion between fine and adequate tuning. Whatever the?causes, whatever the methods, whatever the?skills, whatever the piano, whatever the number of "passes", whatever, whatever, whatever. Maybe it makes no difference whatsoever.

?