[pianotech] Nail Polish Remover

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Thu Aug 27 17:09:52 MDT 2009

That was me.  It was "Cutex" brand, with acetone, and it had been the
customer's diiscovery!  I was unable to find the acetone-containing
Cutex nail polish remover locally, but did find acetone-free Cutex which
worked just as well, on another piano.

It may be that it only works on certain specific early plastics 0 types
of celuloid.  There is a certain "technique" to using it, I found. You
have to be fast, and use a fresh surface or kitchen (paper) towel, or
tissue, every key or two.

Best regards,

David.

List
Some time ago, someone on the list experimented with a nail polish
remover on yellowed- plastic keytops with very good success.
Could someone refresh my memory what brand of nail polish remover was
used and the ingredients?
Tom Servinsky