[pianotech] Finale on "A new one on me"

James Grebe jamesgrebe at charter.net
Thu Aug 27 14:45:04 MDT 2009

To bring to closure.  Just got back from the police interview from this case
with a missing wrist watch.  I , from advice from my attorney friend, had
refused to take a polygraph test but asked for an interview instead.  There
were two workers in the condo between the 10 and 13th.  The other worker
took and passed the test.  The owner refused to take the test along with
myself.
 It turns out that there were 2 missing watches which were supposedly on a
table by the entry door.  10 days before my tuning appointment the owners'
roommate had them appraised at $5,000.  The report was made 10 days after my
appointment on the 12th.  The owner of the condo just had his business fail.
I do not know why the detective kept bringing up to me, a possible suspect,
that it may be a case of insurance fraud.  Any way I answered all his
questions as my memory allowed me to.  It took about a 1/2 hour.  My
attorney says this should be the last I hear of it although I certainly will
not be calling up this client to remind him it is time to tune the piano.
James
James Grebe Est. 1962
Piano Tuner-Technician
Creator of Custom Caster Cups