[pianotech] Yamaha U1 casters

David Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 24 19:35:55 MDT 2009

Does anyone have a standard procedure for replacing these? They are
small diameter (roughly 1 1/4"), the front ones are taller overall, are
recessed into the leg and have no stem to speak of, the rear pair are
shorter but are not recessed, and do have a stem. This one wants to roll
easily in a school room so I want to put on the 2" rubber darnell
casters and guess I'll just have to chisel and shim until I get them
level. As usual what looked like a simple task is needlessly
complicated. If anyone has experience they want to share I'd appreciate it.

--Dave
  New Orleans