[pianotech] a new one for me

Keith McGavern kam544 at allegiance.tv
Mon Aug 24 12:58:59 MDT 2009

Terry,

This triggered many scenarios where I have innocently put myself in a
position where something quite difficult could have taken place.

The one scenario that most entered my mind, after reading your post,
was when I went to pet the household cat in the hallway, down from the
room from where the piano was. Unbeknownst to me at the time, the
young daughter was in the bathroom immediately across from where I was
petting the cat just finishing a shower. She opened the door wrapped
in a towel only, and in the moment that transpired when the daughter
and I locked eyes and became aware of each other, the mother came into
the hallway and viewed the situation. Huge awkward moment!

I promptly returned to the piano, finished what was left to do and
nary a word was spoken about the incident.

Obviously, what could have been interpreted by my actions versus the
reality of the incredible timing could have led to … oh, you know,
consequences that no one would care to experience.

Thanks for sharing,

Keith