[pianotech] Scratched Lid

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Sun Aug 23 22:07:52 MDT 2009

You're right Paul, It does take a lot of elbow grease.  That's what I
put into it this last trip. I did polish quite a bit, but as I was
also doing a deep cleaning on the insides of this Yamaha, some minor
regulation work, and a tuning, I was pretty tuckered out when it came
time to polishing it.  After talking with the director, the lid was
her lowest priority.

Next time I'll just have a tuning to do, and I'll put some extra elbow
grease into this lid.  I'll admit I was a little tentative Saturday,
as this was my first attempt at such a feat, but with all the
encouragement and power tools that have been recommended, I'll be a
bit more energetic on this next go around!

I guess I have to be more careful in my word choices, as well. My wife
asks me to put a "coat" of wax on her car, but it's anything but
easy.  I try and use some light rubbing compounds on that
occasionally, as well, to help get rid of some swirls, key scrapes,
etc.  So I guess I just toss around that word a little more carelessly
than I should have. :-)

I won't AYHYK!  But I'll be happy to take your lessons learned and
apply it to my education!

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Rob McCall