[pianotech] i'll take a pass - leg bolt question

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Aug 21 22:49:49 MDT 2009

Isaac Sadigursky wrote:
> Hi, Ron!   Baldwin  Leg Bolt thread size is  1/2-13  NC, the length  of
> threaded part of the Machine bolt is 3" for legs, 2 7/8' for pedal
> lyre.... T-nut has square shape on top and is attached with 4 round head
> screws #6.....  Woodworkers Catalog has  the T-nuts,I got mine from
> Baldwin a few years  ago,had to deal with a similar scenario...  If you
> will need T-nuts,call me... Good luck... Isaac

Hi Isaac,
Yep, 1/2-13 is what I have from the sample I took out, but
it's only 2" for the leg, and the lyre appears to be 3/8x16,
and a similar length. I'm going shopping tomorrow, and can
make my own t-nuts as, and if, necessary. If I need to, I'll
call. Thanks, I appreciate the offer. I forever marvel that
anyone employs wrecking crews to demolish anything when they
can just schedule a move to similar effect. It's amazing...
Ron N