[pianotech] i'll take a pass

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Thu Aug 20 21:57:06 MDT 2009

In a message dated 8/20/2009 9:31:32 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net writes:

When I sit down at a piano, I tune it until I, personally, am happy with
the way it sounds.  It may take one pass.  It may take two passes.  It may
take three full passes.  It just depends on the piano.  Am I happy having to

Don't we all? But you've introduced an ambiguity with the use of the word
"pass" in place of pitch change or tuning, and the potential to confuse a
pitch  change with tuning. They are not the same, nor can they be. The physics
of the  piano won't allow that ambiguity.

It's a fine sentiment but not, in my opinion, to the technical  point.

Paul