[pianotech] 179c Pitch Raise

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Wed Aug 19 22:14:16 MDT 2009

Carlos,

True. There's always more to any job.

I'd hate to think there are people out there doing 1000's of 179c pitch raises in people's homes! They say that most tuners tune about 20,000 pianos in a lifetime, so that would be about 1/20 getting 179c raises. I probably exagerated when I said 500, but I was adding in all the pianos I've restung as well. I treat them more or less the same; get 'em up to pitch as quickly as I can.

Jim