[pianotech] double-striking hammers on chinese uprights

Scott Helms, RPT tuner at helmsmusic.net
Tue Aug 18 21:56:02 MDT 2009

I'm surprised that repinning the flanges didn't help - that always seems
to do the trick for me. Have you tried reducing the blow distance to get
more aftertouch? This was actually a thread on this list about a year ago,
and some suggested that damper springs that are too strong could cause
bobbling, although I've never been able to figure out why that would be
the case (unless it just discourages the player from following through the
entire keystroke) ...

------
Scott A. Helms, Registered Piano Technician
480-818-3871
www.helmsmusic.net