[pianotech] Broken Damper Wire Screw Removal

G Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Wed Aug 19 16:17:14 MDT 2009

Patrick,
I have a set of left run drill bits which work well for this type of problem.
Got them from a machinist who worked next door many years ago. Don't know where he
got them but McMaster, Fastenal, MSC, or other machinist supply should have them.
I like them since by running "backwards" they more often than not act like a screw remover.

Be sure to put a good clamp on the damper prior to doing any drilling. My preference is a #3 cabinet parallel clamp.
Small and effective without too much interference.

Regards,
Gerry C, RPT
West Chester University of PA

--Forwarded Message Attachment--