[pianotech] bridle wires

David Nereson da88ve at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 01:39:33 MDT 2009

    I don't remember and didn't measure the exact diameter, but
it can't be too small, or it won't slip around the crook of the
bridle wire.  It needs to sit right at the bottom of the crook.
If it's too large, of course, it won't shrink all the way onto
the bridle wire.  I used lengths cut to about 1/8" long.  Too
long, and again, they're hard to slide past the crook.  I think
the diameter was about 3/32", maybe even 1/8".  I'll bet 1/32"
is way too small and will be very difficult.
    I still had to glue the tabs of some of the straps because
the hole had worn so large, it would flip off of the wire on
repeated blows.
    --David Nereson, RPT