[pianotech] Attention Ed Foote - Pitch raising limit

a440a a440a at aol.com
Thu Aug 6 16:35:57 MDT 2009

On Aug 6, 2009, at 3:13:15 PM, PianoForteTechnologies <pianofortetechnology at saol.com> wrote:

What are your thoughts and what are your pitch raising percentages?
I have simplified my life.  I use the SAT pitch raise function to get the whole piano within 2 cents above or below final pitch.  Using the buttons, this takes about 15 minutes.  If I see that notes 27 through 50 are the only ones sharp, I taper my correction figure down as I go through the sections upward.  After the tenor, I do the bass from the top to the bottom, then starting from the bottom, I tune 88 notes to the top.  It works well, its fast, and will produce a performance level tuning 98% of the time.
Regards,
--
Ed Foote RPT