[pianotech] OT - Weather, was Re: Soundboard deflection - Pitch raise

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 06:49:49 MDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 10:10 PM, Delwin D Fandrich <del at fandrichpiano.com>wrote:

> No we haven't. We're coming up on the driest season on record. As well as
> the
> hottest. I mean, 107.6º in NW Washington state! Come on, this is
> ridiculous.

Wow, that is hot!

In northeast Mississippi, we've also had a wet summer. And it has been a
good deal cooler this year compared to most summers. I don't remember a time
in my roughly 30 years of cognizance that it has been this cool during
July/August.

"Cooler" in MS during July/August is still miserable compared to places
where the humidity is well below 50%. Humidity normally
is in the 60-70% range or higher during the summer months, with high temps
in the mid to high 90's.  This year, we've had temps in the low to mid 90's
rather than the high 90's (or above).

I'm ready for fall, personally. But since fall is my favorite time of the
year, I'm always ready for it. :-)

--
JF