[pianotech] offset of SAT to non-440

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed Aug 5 07:32:02 MDT 2009

Hmmm,

Perhaps the A hasn't been stable if it's right on when you do your FAC.  FAC
has you tuning A4 to it's second partial at A5.  It sure as sugar will be
different than A4 measured at A4 as when you first turn the machine on and
press the "tune" button.  Bottom line is if you set a stable A4 tuned to A5
for the FAC readings, you will have to move it when you come back over it
with a calculated tuning.  It might not be much, but it will be there.  Make
sense?

William R. Monroe