[pianotech] offset of SAT to non-440

David Nereson da88ve at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 04:02:09 MDT 2009

> David,
>
> Don't forget that after you've offset the pitch, you've then
> gone through
> the FAC procedure which requires you to tune A4 at it's second
> partial (A5)
> and then read it at A6 to get the A offset.  In other words,
> you've changed
> that A4 that you measured to offset pitch when you established
> the FAC
> numbers.  So, the fact that A4 is now flat is because you've
> changed it from
> where it was, no?  Did I miss something?  Hope that helps.
>
> William R. Monroe

    Yes, I'm aware of that, but I don't usually have to alter A
much at all when setting the FAC numbers.  Sometimes, after
offsetting the pitch with the Cents Up/Down and Reset buttons,
when I get to A, the lights are barely moving at all  (meaning
that particular string doesn't have much inharmonicity, as I
understand it).  I have yet to try people's suggestions -- I've
been involved with other things the last few days.  Thanks all,
for the replies.
    --David Nereson, RPT