[pianotech] Noisy dampers

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Mon Aug 3 21:24:59 MDT 2009

Chuck

There might be a little dap of hardened glue inside the guide rail busing that is causing the rattle. I had that on a K&C grand, and it took me three service calls and about an hour of investigating before I?finally found the problem. Remove the damper, and using a drill bit the same diameter as the damper wire, clean out the hole.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943