[pianotech] Noisy dampers

Joe Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Mon Aug 3 15:19:50 MDT 2009

Hi Chuck,
Old upright, could be hard felt or moisture damage. Rust.
One can sometimes gently fluff up the damper with pliers
and get the crud off with very light stroking of the contact surface with
220 or lighter sand paper. But be prepared to replace the felt just in case.
Joe Goss BSMusEd MMusEd RPT
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com