[pianotech] Pitch raise criteria

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 1 19:09:09 MDT 2009

For me, it depends on the amount of time involved.  Generally speaking,
anything within an hour time frame including minor repairs if I have the
extra time for them is bill at my standard tuning rate which is $120.  By
the way, I've been at that rate going on 3 years now.  Living in Michigan
with an over 16 % unemployment rate, expected to possibly go up to 20 % we
do have to watch it here a bit......  Otherwise, Anything after 1 hour is
charged by my hourly rate which is $80 an hour.  Most of the time, I am
there for between 1 hour and 1.5 hours including yapping time.  And no, I do
not charge for yapping time.  That's half the fun for me.

Jer Groot