Inertia and arrogance and condescension, etc.

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Tue Sep 30 18:17:35 MDT 2008

On Sep 30, 2008, at 6:40 AM, John Dorr wrote:

> A few months back I submitted a bit of my theories of how to
> regulate without specs, and received some feedback that made me
> think some more.  That was my actual intent at the time.  Recently,
> the topic was re-introduced (by KeyKat88, I think) and somebody
> said it all sounded rather "propeller-headish" I think was the
> term.  I didn't feel scolded.  I didn't think the writer was
> arrogant.  I laughed.  It was HIS take on it.  Fine.  We can all
> think about things in the way they work for our own realities.

And if you knew my hellish reality, you'd take pity on my ignorance,
brother....<g> Mea culpa. I was the fount of the above whirling
cabeza statement---and my judgement was based on exactly nothing in
terms of practical experience of your protocol, John. It just sounded
surreal to my freakishly intuitive sensitivities. I'll read the
article and probably still be in the dark if there's any more than
6th grade algebra involved.
DA