Bluthner Patent Action

Doodles noodles at oodles.orangehome.co.uk
Sun Sep 28 15:53:52 MDT 2008

According to my extremely faded notes from college decades ago, that action part you are referring to as an "abstract" is called the notch lever and is controlled by the knee spring . The jack is actually called the hopper in this action, which is inherited from the old type upright sticker actions of the 1800's. The term hopper is used when the jack is directly or indirectly attached to the key. The term sticker applies to the wooden rods which connect the hammer shanks to the undercarriages, originally glued with leather hinges, hence the term "stick...er".

Before you upload a translation, please change your "rolls" to "roles"!!! They have different meanings.

Hope this helps.

AF