photo reduction

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 28 10:27:40 MDT 2008

But first!

Most digital cameras come with some sort of software. When you plug the camera's cord into the computer's USB port, a box will appear asking where you want to import the pictures (the camera is set on view, not take pictures).  Choose Windows (XP, Vista) and download there, instead of a complicated program you don't know how to use.  ;-)  I had a program that was included with my first camera, that annoyingly reduced the pictures automatically.  Using the windows program was a better option in this case.

Your pictures will show up in Pictures, My Pictures, Your Pictures....you get the idea.

>From there it's easy to attach pictures to an email.  Click on a picture to highlight it.  If you want to send two, highlight the first one, then hold down the ctrl key and click on another (or more).  On XP, the option to email is on the left side of the screen.  In Vista, the email option is at the top.  When you click the email option, you'll be given the choice of what size file to send.  If you're sending to this list, you'll choose a smaller option.  If you're sending something to be published in the Journal, send the original (biggest) option.  Also, if sending to the Journal, don't crop or edit the picture--we'll take care of that.

Best,

Barbara Richmond, RPT