hose for belly press

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Sep 27 18:44:12 MDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
> I used galvanized plugs, filled the threads with cheapo
> silicone/latex adhesive caulk, and put them together with hose
> clamps. No noticeable leaks, and no failures (yet). I figure
> the caulk sealed it airtight, while the hose clamp pressed the
> lining into the threads for the needed grip.
>
> Oh yea. Why are some of you leaving the clamps on overnight?
> Is it the glue you're using? After an hour, or even as little
> as a half hour with Titebond, you couldn't get the rib off
> without destroying it. Just curious.
>
> Ron N

I first used galvanized ends, but on the second generation attempt went with PVC. Works great and is lighter. I didn't use any kind of goo to seal the hose to the barbed PVC end - just wrenched it on and a single clamp as you can see in the picture. I think I used some Teflon tape on the PVC fitting threads.

Here's my system in use.

I'm using Titebond, as I believe you also do Ron. I usually clamp them 45 minutes to an hour and then move on.

Terry Farrell