Plastic flanges

johndelmore at suddenlink.net johndelmore at suddenlink.net
Thu Sep 25 08:17:16 MDT 2008

Mornin'--
The chemist in me has to disagree--most plastics, especially the older types, are adversely effected by alcohol--hazing, crazing, cracking, general weakening and becoming brittle.  With the small amount used, it wouldn't be immediately apparent, but it would be happening--trouble down the road.  I'd leave them alone, or replace them if they are causing problems.

John Delmore