Old Ivers and Pond to pitch raise or not to...

Will Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Thu Sep 25 05:33:29 MDT 2008

One thing that I do if I am concerned about breaking strings on pianos that
are very flat is to pull each string flat a bit before heading north towards
the needed pitch.  It is my experience that this lessons the likelihood of
breaking strings, as this process helps the strings render past strong
frictional points that might lead to string breakage.  Ads about 5 minutes
to your pitch raise.  If strings still break, they were going to break
anyway.

Will Truitt