Double-Bushed Guide Rails

Stephen Grattan lostchordclinic at ameritech.net
Thu Sep 25 05:23:13 MDT 2008

If for some reason the thickest bushing cloth is still too thin, laminate the two thicknesses you would need together.  Use a spray contact cement on both pieces, let dry the prescribed time and press together.  The contact cement will not wick through as would hide glue and it remains flexible.  Be sure the grain runs the same direction so you can tear the strips. I have done this several times with no problems.

Steve Grattan
Lost Chord Clinic