The ethics of cameras

Geoff Sykes thetuner at ivories52.com
Wed Sep 24 20:51:09 MDT 2008

(- sigh -) Ethics, in my mind, is tantamount to winning a customers trust
and to establishing ones existence to both friends and customers as
trustworthy. So... I was called to tune a 9' Yamaha CF in a customers home
studio yesterday. The room was HUGE! From where I was sitting at the piano a
couldn't throw a basketball and hit the pool table at the other end of the
room. Two stories to the ceiling, with a balcony set up for vocals, deeply
recessed skylights and a walk-in fireplace that was as big as my living
room. AND the acoustics of this room were simply extraordinary. Since my
personal ethics prevent me from just whipping out my camera and taking a
couple of quick shots when the customer is out of the room, how else can I
document this experience, if for no other reason than to add to the category
of vacation photos, for my own enjoyment?

Thanks for your opinion. It jibes with mine.

-- G

• Geoff Sykes, RPT
• 626-799-7545
• www.ivories52.com <http://www.ivories52.com/>