Bass end "rattle" on S&S "D" Being prepped for Brickman Concert Tomorrow!

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 19:25:40 MDT 2008

<< The only way I could eliminate it was to lay under it and press up on 2
ribs

above the beam (that extends to the nose) about 2/3 of the way toward the

bass bridge, approximately under the tenor bridge.

I also cleaned under the plate and bridges looking for forign objects.

Greetings,
   I always suspect the construction of the cut-out bridge section near the
end of the tenor bridge.  It has dowels that connect the bridge across the
cutout to wooden buttons under the board.  You may try installing a couple of
wedges between the board and the bridge in these sections.  They don't freeze the
board like a wedge between the beams and ribs, and you can leave them in if
they work.  Make the wedges quite acute so that you can really get good
compression.  They can be held in place with just a spot of glue,easily popped loose
if need be.
good luck,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Looking for simple solutions to your real-life
financial challenges?  Check out WalletPop for the latest news and
information, tips and calculators.<BR>
(http://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=emlcntuswall00000001)</HTML>