Petrof 7'-0" Versus Kawai RX-6 (7'-0")

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 22 15:01:54 MDT 2008

Alan,

Glad you asked.  I didn't agree with the "worse than ..." comment, but
thought perhaps I had too small a sampling to be statistically significant.
Petrof #1 is about 25 years old, has had a DC system for the last 8
years, is well cared for and played regularly.  I tune and replace DC
pads once a year, tuning is quick easy and stable.  Petrof #2 belongs to
a church, is not well cared for, and always needs a pitch raise, even
with the DC, because they let it run dry, leave it unplugged, etc.  Not
hard to tune, but stability suffers from their climactic abuse.  Petrof
#3 I've only tuned once, belongs to a Bistro, rendering was jumpy in the
agraffes, but it came around OK.

Mike