Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Sep 21 13:51:26 MDT 2008

> I was thinking in terms of things like transition bridges on small (or
> large) pianos which adds another piece to the puzzle and slows production a
> bit.  Things like precision action balancing, coordinating leverage and
> strike weights (not to mention smoothing the strike weights) also add costs
> to production and, I assume, are eschewed for that reason.
>
> David Love

Ah, I was thinking in terms of stable balanced responsive tone
production that doesn't hurt to listen to, or take three days'
work out of the box to try to come anywhere near, if possible
at all, only to have the things deteriorate to junk in too few
years.

Or maybe I was just looking to spend some commas. <G>

Ron N