Mason & Hamlin & Other Pianos

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Sat Sep 20 09:35:04 MDT 2008

I don't have much time, as I'm heading out of town in a couple of minutes.  I can just offer that I'd stack a WELL-PREPPED Mason against any other piano of its size.  Many hours of work are required to get them to their potential, kind of like a NY Steinway.  The European and Japanese brands don't require as much work out of the box, but IMHO there are few other pianos in the world that have the visceral tone quality of a Mason and Hamlin.  They are unique and wonderful instruments.