Disinfecting Piano: ( Sorry Bill, but "bleach" might not be such a good idea.)

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Tue Sep 16 22:17:43 MDT 2008

Towards this end a company called The Sharper Image used to sell an air
cleaner product called the Ionic Breeze. Since it uses this ultraviolet
light and produces (as a byproduct) ozone, I wonder if it would do well on
pianos with either water or smoke damage. Just a thought.

Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté
www.gregspianoforte.com
216-226-3791 (office)
216-470-8634 (mobile)

I am wondering if anyone has tried exposing a piano like this to Ultra
Violet C light. It would not clean at all but it is supposed to kill all
bacteria and virus and odors. Portable wands are available that would be
easy to use for this purpose and it should make it safer to clean the
piano if the viruses were inactivated.