Piano Took a Fall- Won't Hold Tune

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Tue Sep 16 10:37:25 MDT 2008

Reading the stories in this thread reminds me that the casters under
upright pianos are not adequate for the kind of moving around that
school pianos are subjected to, even the double-wheel type. I've used
the upright piano dollies sold by Jansens
<http://www.pljansen.com/upright_dollies.htm> . The outrigger style
dollies make uprights less tippy and prone to failure than the tiny
stock wheels.

This could be a subject for another PTG handout for schools about what
could happen when you move an upright piano. Pretty cheap insurance, IMO.

Tom Cole