How's business?

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Mon Sep 15 22:21:19 MDT 2008

I can say that it's about as dead as I've seen it here on the central coast of California in 10 or 15 years. That being said, I've managed to keep busy by tuning and servicing pianos that normally I would not seek out. I've had to fish a little further from shore and not throw back the little ones for fear of catching my limit. I haven't reconditioned an upright action in a while, but I'll take them now, I'm doing a $1500. Kimball grand action recondition. I'd kind of like a belly job but they take me so long and I work so hard on them I'm enjoying the break. All in all I'm making just about the same as I have the last couple years, I'm just hustling a little more. I think we have a great business that somehow manages to weather the storms. In boom times I never get rich, either.
Fenton