Should I?

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sun Sep 14 14:04:27 MDT 2008

Sounds like a lot upfront $ to make a profit.  How long is the drive??
This might be profitable if you can get it for $1,500 and fix up and then
sell for $3,000, but I  dont think you can make anything buying it for
$3,500 to start.... They might find it hard to sell for 3.5K too at
current.  Maybe you should sell a rehab/regualtion/tuning/voicing for
$1,500 and make a great piano with no ownership??

Just my 2cent

Paul

"Alan Barnard" <pianotuner at embarqmail.com>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
09/14/2008 02:40 PM
Please respond to
pianotuner at embarqmail.com; Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

pianotech at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Should I?

Advice from experience, please.

I have a chance to buy a Howard C-171 from a church, with the idea of
selling it at a profit after some regulation, etc. The piano is a pretty
fer drive from me and I'm not familiar with this model. They bought it new
in the 80's, I think, and the case is supposed to be in good shape with,
apparently, a ding on one of the cheekblocks. They are asking $3500 ...

I know some of you have lot of experience buying and selling used pianos,
I do not. Does this sound like something worth the drive to check it out?

Alan BarnardSalem, MO