!! NOTICE !!! Read --- Read

bunkypiano bunkypiano at aol.com
Sat Sep 13 18:42:02 MDT 2008

Hello everyone,
Just a note to let all you know that my music store, Mc Nabb Music, a 1904 building,( you may have seen the mural in Musical Merchandiser and a few other trade magazines back in 1999), was totally destroyed by fire after the recent hurricane Gustav completely innundated the building with water, and caught fire 3 days later, within an hour after power was restored.  The store was my retail center for pianos, sound systems, instruments and service.  Lost a nice orchestron, lions  head player piano, a couple of grands, and a ton of uprights as well as digital pianos, speakers, amps and parts but the worst part was my album collection in the 4000 or so number, some Beatle ones still unopened.....I was a disc jockey in the 60's and musician by choice and  piano man by trade as well as engineer by education.  My repair and  refinishing and rebuilding shop survived, and my tuning tools were with me at home, thank goodness.  I know many of you out there personally and I guess I am just passing this information on to let you know that all of the things of the world are just "stuff", even though in this case some irreplaceable, but in the final analysis are just not that important.  Take care of your real treasures, your family and friends.  I am sometimes taken aback with the bickering and hair splitting going on on this list but I want all of you to know that we are members of a very elite group, all dedicated thinkers and tinkerers, and need to cut each other some slack.  Sometimes I am very disappointed in many of you, and for that reason may or may not join in a thread in which I may or may not be proficient.  Let's all be proud of each other, and lift each other up and continue to dignify this profession in which I have been passionate for almost 40 years and which has given me nothing but pride and satisfaction, as well as has provided for 6 children, the latest, my next to last daughter, who recently graduated from La. Tech and has taken a position at an architectural firm in Nashville.  I'll be spending some time there in the very near future.  At any rate, the invitation is still there for any of you to stop at my hotel in Bunkie, La, The Bailey Hotel, and visit should you ever come to Louisiana.
www.baileyhotel.com

Tom Mc Nabb