Thanks for picture advice

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 12 06:13:19 MDT 2008

If you right-click on the photo file ( W indows), you'll get a list of options.  One of them is "send to".   If you left click on that, you'll get another list of options.  Click on "mail recipient".  A box will pop up which says "do you want to make your pictures smaller".    If you then click ok, (whichever option you check) a new email screen will appear with the file attached.  Leave the "make my pictures smaller" box checked.
If you're in the windows file viewer, the left pane will also show an option to email the file.  Highlight the file, and that option will appear on the left pane.  Without highlighting the file, the email option won't appear there.  You'll get the same resizing box if you click on "email this file", same as above.
I use Earthlink's email reader TotalAccess.  If I use the "Attach" button, I don't get the resizing option.  Only if I go directly to the file itself, and do the above procedure, do I get the automatic resizing option.
I hope this helps.

Paul McCloud
San Diego

Paul McCloud