S&S XRM

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Wed Sep 10 06:40:48 MDT 2008

Hello List,

I find myself venturing (or not) into unfamiliar territory.  I serviced a
S&S M #235xxx with a duo-art reproducer on it (fully functional).  This is
the type where the M becomes 6' or more, owing to the extended case in front
of the plate where the player mechanism resides.  Has the twin pillar legs.

Unfortunately whomever rebuilt the player (fine job) did nothing with the
action (original) which is just this side of completely non-functional.  So
my question is can someone of reasonable mechanical aptitude but no player
experience remove the mechanisms on this XRM and get it back together later
in hopes of removing the action for the needed work?  Would I need any
references for doing this, or could one reasonably be intuitive in the
removal process.  I thank you for your help.

William R. Monroe