reducing hammer weight

Will Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Tue Sep 9 20:31:45 MDT 2008

I have certainly hit staples tapering sets (including many Abels) - no way
to avoid it on some - but never a problem.  It just cuts through the staple
and that is that.  I wonder if you were feeding too fast.  There is a just
right speed to push the hammer into the blade.

Now I understand why you don't want to freehand your tapering....

Will