yamaha balance rail rebushing question

holly quigley hollyquigley at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 14:21:56 MDT 2008

Hi everyone - I've noticed on these old Yamaha consoles, as well as my Kawai
grand, that the balance rail buttons on the keys have a slot where it looks
like the bushing felt is wrapped into it. I'm sorry I'm terrible at
describing this. But basically instead of the bushing felt just dipping into
the balance rail hole by that typical short length, it appears to wrap under
the button and be secured into that slot between the button and the top of
the key. I have my ideas as to how to rebush this in a similar fashion, but
I was hoping for pointers. Or, maybe just rebush them the way I'd do keys
that weren't like this. I'm using Spurlock cauls.

Thanks!
-Holly Quigley