grand hinge to rim screws stripped

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 5 20:21:59 MDT 2008

Hi,Mike and Jessica!   I had to do this repair today in one of the
local Temples....Nice Baldwin M,1948........I think,all those repairs
arise when Kitchen helpers-custodians try to move pianos
around,pushing the lid,not the rim.....Had to plug stripped holes,re-
frill the hinges to install Steinway type ball shaped Lid Hinge Pins
[also available from Schaff] and install the CATCHER,as well.  Repair
is solid,I did it many times,but public places are notorious  for
destroying  things.     Regarding shoe Pegs:they were listed in APSCO
catalogs,now Schaff sells them..They have a lot of applications for
field repairs,much better then toothpics [just kidding]....isaac.