Link was approved in Online Piano Guide

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Wed Sep 3 08:47:53 MDT 2008

I'm thinking that they exist solely for the click-thru profits from Google
If a particular (piano tech's) site has many links to it, Google and other
search engines rate it more favorably than one that has few or no links to
it. Ergo, the piano tech who is listed on this site and other similar sites
will potentially see some benefit. However, the big winner by far is (in
this case) onlinepianoguide.com, because they ask for a link TO them from
YOUR site, so they wind up (they hope) with hundreds of links to them, thus
attracting piano owners to the Google Ads, thus making some cash.

When I get an unsolicited email stating I've been "approved" for something I
did not "apply" for, I choose to ignore it. I received an email a couple
days ago "from" a friend asking me to sign up on reunion.com so we could
stay in touch. I asked her what was up with that and how will it improve our
communications. She said reunion.com automatically sent it to everyone in
her address book (including her own work email address!) when she was trying
to connect only to a couple long lost family members. Sleazy. Makes me
wonder how much garbage-ware they would have tried to install on my
computer.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:24 AM, Scott Jackson <ScottWayneJackson at hotmail.com