Reaming tuning pin holes

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 2 15:04:35 MDT 2008

Hi Pat,

I would not use .272 for a .276 pin. .268 or .266 would be my choice. At least bring some more sizes of drill bits and test before you drill them all.

Marcel Carey
Sherbrooke, QC
Yeah I'm headed out to do the Imagination this Thursday. I'm planning on using a .272 drill bit for the .276 TP's. From my experience, I would say it's a far cry better than just stuffing in a 1/0 pin into a previously .266 slot. The "green" block is definitely the case here, the wood in the Y's are still very tight.